A Yoni Steam, also known as vaginal steam, is a relaxing and effective way to promote reproductive health. But how can you perform yoni steam from home? Is it complicated?
Let’s face it; between childbirth, intercourse, and periods, your vagina withstands a lot. Add hormonal changes and pelvic floor issues into the mix, and sometimes your v is anything but comfortable.
That’s where yoni steam comes in. This process helps the body naturally cleanse the vaginal line and the uterine area safely and gently. The natural essential oils and the warm steam will nourish the vaginal tissues.
Getting Started: Yoni Steaming Preparation
There are a few things you will need to get started with v-steaming. Additionally, the herbs you use for yoni steaming are essential. There are a variety of v-steam herbs that you can employ in your DIY recipe and will vary depending on your kitchen.
All in all, most v-steam ingredients that will ensure the best results will include:
- Ylang Ylang oil (treats cuts and also acts as an aphrodisiac)
- Peppermint (treats odor)
- Oregano (reduce the risk of vaginal infections)
- Almond (provide relief from vagina dryness)
Each of these herbs used in steaming has unique benefits, and with the right blend, you’ll have a fantastic experience.
Directions on how to Yoni Steam from Home
- In a half-covered pot, add 8 cups of purified water.
- Place a handful of the fresh herbs or a quarter cup of dried ones into the water.
- Soft boil the water for approximately 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave the lid on. Let the mix steep for another 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Remember: it’s important to always test the temperature before using it. If the water is too hot, let it sit for another 15 seconds, then you can try again until the water is comfortable in your hand.
- Next, pour 4 cups into the bowl you’ve placed on the toilet.
- Use your hand to test if the herbal water is not too hot.
- Next, remove your pant and sit on top of the steam water.
- Additionally, drape a large, heavy blanket around your waist down to the floor, ensuring no steam escapes.
- Wear socks or slippers to keep warm. You do not want to get cold while trying to warm up your body.
- You should sit there for around 10-12 minutes.
- Eventually, the steam will die down. Once that happens, repeat step 4 and do the second dose of the herbal water.